Aura Home empowers Women Veterans to be vibrant and self-sufficient to thrive in their community.
Aura Home reaches out to Women Veterans seeking assistance with housing and is a resource for homeless prevention.
Aura Home provides temporary housing and access to services to facilitate the individual's stabilization for movement to permanent housing.
Aura Home offers information and assistance to apply for Veteran's Affairs benefits with guidance of a certified Veteran Service Officer or Veterans Affairs staff.
We Need Your Help!
Aura Home provides support when there is none from family and friends.
- As of 2016, there were and estimated 84,000 Women Veterans in North Carolina
- 6,200 are homeless.
Aura Home acknowledges that women veterans have specific issues:
- Military job skill conversion and competition in today's employment market.
- Budgeting personal financials and managing financial responsibility.
- Adjusting from dependency to self reliance
- Communal living to self-sufficiency.
- Emotional instability to resiliency